Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Output in Reportnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

damzi

Programmer
May 3, 2004
US

I have this file of abt 26 megs in excel that is saved frm Reportnet. It takes abt an hour to open on my PC. Yet another excel file of about 57 mgs - not created in Reportnet takes just a few seconds to open. Does anyone know why; and if we have a solution to this. Is this a known issue in Reportnet.

it's suggested to use filters to avoid high volume, as cognos is reporting not extracting tool.
ther is not enough horse power for excel on l/c m/c.
but u can beat around the bush, if u cant apply filters.
try to go to ur temperary internet files folder, and save the file as .xls. and then try to open it.

some of the excel output tyes are actually html files in an office format. They will take much longer to open as they are text, not binary.

Thanks so much for your input. Is there any solution to running these in excel on the web without the performance issues due to the html output. Like conversion to the binary as the report is running.

Am also trying to find a solution to report performance in reportnet. It seems that the reports take a longer time to run than when i use the query and run against the database. I am using SQL Server.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back