Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Not enough memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakiL

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
RS
I have Excel document with lot of charts and when try to add new one I get Excel's error "Not enough memory". I have even try to delete some charts, but still get same message. No other program has this problem same time, my machine has 512MB RAM and Excel document is not big, about 500K. Does anybody know what this could?

Thanks,
Laki.

Sounds like one of your charts may have become corrupt. It's not terribly uncommon for this to occur in a file with many charts. You might try copying WORKSHEETS (not cells) from your file into another. Copy them one at a time, and save the new file each time. Likely, the chart that is corrupt will cause the Out of memory when you try to copy to the new file. Anne Troy
Word and Excel Macros
Coming soon: wX

Thank you all for answers. I had created new document with less charts, so I did not try MS solution. I'll let you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back