Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXCEL-NEED TO LINK FIELDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaPach

MIS
Mar 17, 2004
US
I need help. Here is the situation.
I have two spreadsheets, Location & Equipment.
In both spreadsheets, I have an equipment field and location field. However I need to change the locations within the Locations spreadsheet. I want to change the locations within the Location spreadsheet, and at the same time update the locations in the Equipment spreadsheet. Is there a way to link the two equipment fields and have the locations within the equipment spreadsheet update as I change the locations within the Location spreadsheet?
I would appreciate any help!
Thanks
Dana

On the Equipment spreadsheet in cell A1 type =Locations!A1

John

Every generalization is false, including this one.

Easier than typing is to type the = , and then navigation to the Location sheet and select the appropriate cell and press Enter. This will generate the link formula.

Cheers, Glenn.

"A girl walks into a bar and asks the barman for a double entendre ... so he gives her one.

PS You can just type "=", then change to whatever sheet you want to link to, click on the cell you want to link to, then press enter.

Use AutoFill to drag this formula across or down your destination sheet.

John

Every generalization is false, including this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back