Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel / MSQuery / VBScript Crashes when connecting to data source

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarflux

Technical User
Aug 14, 2003
GB
Please help!!!!!
Any advice or suggestions at all gratefully welcomed!

I'm attempting to connect to an oracle database using Excel (New Database Query - have also tried vbscript, vba, msquery) and it crashes when i try to connect to the data source.

I get the Window:

Program Error
MSQRY32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being generated.

The data source i'm trying to use is using the driver 'Oracle73 ver 2.5' (SQ032_73.dll). This works on all other users computers just not on this one.

As i said previously ANY comments appreciated as i've been struggling with this for some time!
Thanks
sugarflux

Hi,

Try to download a more recent version like SQORA32.dll, vers 9.02.00.00

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip

This may be the end plan but as i mentioned all other users are using this same version of the dll. As i am a developer for a hundred users i need to be using the same version to ensure that the applications i create are compatible...

Any other ideas please? I have checked that odbc.ini is identical to computers that the source works with. I have copied the dll file from another PC and overwritten my own. Happy to try anything!

Thanks
sugarflux

sugarflux,
we have users that's had their computers flattened and backed-up again. During the re-install process, either oracle wasn't re-installed or the drivers weren't re-installed, but all the shortcuts from previous image was there. When they try to connect thru odbc it appears that they have the drivers but didn't. They always have to re-intall oracle client to get their drivers, or download the latest drivers.
tav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back