Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel/MS Query: remove apostophe from header text

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeovoid

Programmer
Nov 14, 2003
US
Good day, I have used MSQuery to return data to an Excel worksheet. Unfortunately, the header text is placed between apostrophes, as in, 'First Name'.

While I understand, that this may due to the header text being comprised of 2 words, i.e., having a [space] in the header text, do you know of any way I can suppress this when results are returned from MSQuery?

Yes, I know that I can perform a replace/find on the worksheet to rid myself of the apostrophes, but I was hoping that there was some configuration that I could set to effect this change. Thank you - R.

header_example_xd9cqa.png

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ea9a63be-7ca0-4b25-a5db-aa27220f92f0&file=header_example.png
Hi,

I assume that this query is a recurring task.

If so, you ought to perform the query in a macro. I did this for all my production queries in Excel. In addition to the code for the query, you can also perform the Find ‘n’ Replace.

If you need help coding a solution, please start a thread in Forum707.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back