Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

excel macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamuthan6666

Programmer
Sep 2, 2002
US
Hello,

I am not a developer, but inherited a code that produces three csv files. I need to combine two csv file to 1. Meaning i want to merge both the files and also eliminate any duplicate rows in those two file. Can anyone help me with a code that does that.

I am not an expert developer but can read and make basic changes to the code to suit the need. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

Produces 3 .csv files from WHAT?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

inherited a code" - it would be nice to see the code in order to help you, but you may get better help with your code here

Have fun.

---- Andy

As already mentioned, we need more info to help (well, I might as well just watch, b/c Skip can likely handle any issues you run into single-handedly, if given enough info to work with.

Anyhow, here's my overall process opinion on it, or in other words what you should be trying to do: Have the process create 2 CSV files initially rather than trying to later combine 2 of them into 1. Since you only need 2 files, not 3, it sounds like, have it create 2 to begin with. Knowing HOW that happens will be pertinent to know how complex it'll be to change, and also how to guide you in changing it.

If you really wanna learn something AND fix your issue, then hang in there, and share what is requested to be shared. Do check anything before you post, of course, b/c you don't want to give away any company names, or other information, like company data. So for instance, for sharing the the source data, you could make up sample data.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back