Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel macro question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Aug 2, 2003
US
I have a template excel spreadsheet that would like to use it as a template to download a file from the internet.

The macros in the template works correctly but when I download the file from the net and replace the template all the macros (module 1 for ThisWorkbook and the Personal macros xls) are gone.

Is there anyway to replace the templace and keep the original vba modules? Or better say is there a way that I can just replace the contents of the cells in the template when I replace the template.

Please advise. [sadeyes]

Hi,

Please post this in VBA Visual Basic for Applications (Microsoft) forum707

AND...

include your macro code.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] For those this winter, caught in Arctic-like calamity, be consoled...
Many are cold, but few are frozen![tongue][/sub]

For a non vba approach, have you considered setting up a sheet for your source data, and then linking that into your summary sheet in the same file. Then simply download your data to a temp file and copy and paste it straight into your real 'source' sheet.

Depends how much automation you want, and how often you need to do it etc.

Just a thought,

Regards
Ken..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

Ken,

We just may be heading in that direction after I see his code. ;-)

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] For those this winter, caught in Arctic-like calamity, be consoled...
Many are cold, but few are frozen![tongue][/sub]

LOL :)

[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back