Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Macro Question: Missing DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keshav Birla

Systems Engineer
Jan 23, 2018
US
Hello

I'm working on a macro which I build on Windows 10, when I moved it to Windows 7; I'm not able to see the VBA code or execute the Macro in Win 7 and I get an error "Error in loading DLL". I went into References under Tool to see what References I'm missing that are checked and I see "MISSING: Microsoft PowerPoint 16.0 Object Library". I wonder if this is what causing the problem or anything else?

Please suggest and if you think Missing object library is the issue, then please guide me how I can get that corrected.

Much thanks in advance!!

Keshav Birla

Hi,

What application are you coding in?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

From the Subject line of the post - looks like Excel :)
In your macro - do you interact with PowerPoint?
If so, is the PowerPoint installed on Windows 7 machine?

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

MISSING: Microsoft PowerPoint 16.0 Object Library
Being you're moving to an older OS, It's possible it's also an older version of Office. If you need the PowerPoint reference, see if there's an older reference under Tools -> References.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back