Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Macro Layout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBAPaul

Programmer
Aug 3, 2002
GB
I have stupidly managed to completely buggar up (please excuse that technical term) the layout of the macro sheets in my Excel 2010 Workbooks.
I have used the default Excel for layout for so long that I am very used to it. I used to have the Project Explorer Window docked vertically to the left hand side of the area with the Properties window below it. The Macro sheets were then full page and on top of each other.

Is there an easy way to get back to Excel's default layout?

Thank you to anybody that can help.

The link to restore default settings refers to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\VBA\Office.

Unfortunately, my system does not have the reference to VBA. My Registry only shows HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel or Word etc.

I am running MS Office 2010 in Windows 10.

Any ideas please?

Search registry for ...\Software\Microsoft\VBA\7.0\Common. It may be in current user settings; VBA key is on the same level as Office key.

combo

I found the setting at HK_USERS\S - 1 - 5 .......\Software\Microsoft\VBA\7.0\Common. I renamed the Setting from "Dock" to "OldDock", closed the registry and restarted Excel. JOY! It has reverted to the default.

Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back