Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Loopeach Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRichDean

Technical User
Sep 24, 2009
GB
Hello all - newbie here so be gentle!

Ok, here is the situation. I have a number of files with weekly sales information:

Sales1.xls
Sales2.xls
Sales3.xls

Each of these have identical data sets and I have succeeded in creating a foreach loop container..lovely stuff!

However, each of these weekly reports have slightly different sheet names:

Sales1.xls >>> Wk1
Sales2.xls >>> Wk2
Sales3.xls >>> Wk3

Now this poses a problem with the forloop each container.

I attempted to created a variable based on the worksheet name and change the excel file so that it looks at the table with varible and selected that worksheet variable.

However, when I attempt to run this, it runs through the first file, executes that data flow but then fails when it encounters the second file.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can sort this and/or a step by step procedure to complete this action?

Apologies for being thick and any help gratefully received.

The foreach loop container is a data flow within SSIS and therefore it is a SQL question.

No need to apologise DrLex!

I have tried part II of the bipolar example but I must have set up the variable incorrectly as it fails when it encounters the second file.

I think giving it a miss tonight, and try again next Monday : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back