Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel, look for complex formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmr064

Technical User
Jun 6, 2003
US
In a workbook used to track rental income, one column shows the expected income amount for a month. On rare occasions, i will indicate that an additional amount is due by adding the additional amount to the standard rent. On rare occasions, I forget to remove the additional amount in the next month. For example, an amount would usually be 1000 but if an additional $25 is due, I change the amount to =1000+25 . Is there a way to test for the "plus" sign in conditional formatting, or is there another way to address the issue?

Thanks

Instead of add figures to your rent income, I would have a cell defined for additional charges then add that to the rent for a total.

[Blue]Blue[/Blue] [Dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

Sub Find_Formulas()
Dim C As Range, WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
For Each C In WS.UsedRange.Cells
If Mid(C.Formula, 1, 1) = "=" Then
MsgBox ("Cell " + C.Address + " In the WorkSheet Named " + WS.Name + " Contains the Formula... " + C.Formula)
Else
End If
Next C
Next WS
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back