Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Invalid Page Fault in MSO97.dll at 015f:3070ab13

Status
Not open for further replies.

nontechgal

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2002
US
I have a user that keeps getting an illegal operation error in Excel when he tries to format cells. The details:

Excel caused an invalid page fault in module MSO97.dll at 015f:3070ab13.

It is happening intermittently, and I cannot identify a pattern. It is not happening on any particular files, nor is it happening on all files. It will happen on a file one minute, then after closing Excel and reopening the same file, it does not happen.

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling MS Office (we're running MS Office 97 Pro SP2 on Windows 98), but that has not resolved the issue.

I also cannot find this specific error on Microsoft's Tech Support site. HELP!!!

Thanks!

I would post this issue at Microsoft.com on the knowledge base. There were some articals on this but I am not sure which one would apply to your situation. If you look under excel 97 and type in the exact error message, you will get some results. You also may need to update Office with the latest Service packs.

Dawn

You could try the following:

Rename the mso97.dll file (BTW, it's an o and not a zero) and then copy the same from a machine that does not give a problem.

Indu

Thanks dawnd3 and xlhelp for your responses. I'll give your suggestions a try and let you know the results.

xlhelp -- BTW, I did type an O, not a 0 (zero), but thanks for attempting to set things straight. I'm non-technical, but not illiterate. :)

I did not imply anything by saying it's an o. If you notice any of my other posts where I put an o, I always specify it so that the person at the other end does not misunderstand.

It's my way of providing an explanation.

HTH

Indu

Did anyone ever find a fix to this problem? I'm having the same problem with one of our laptops. I searched through Technet but can't find anything that matches the description.

Thanks in Advance,

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back