Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(Excel) How to print splitting a column in more than one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca200

Programmer
Jul 7, 2002
IT
Hi,

someone tells me that it's possible to print an Excel document splitting a column like it was three, so that it comes out on the same page instead of having a single column that spans over three pages. Is it true? How is it possible?
I hope to have been clear...

thanks
bye

Hi Luca200,

I don't think there's any way to do it directly but you have a couple of choices

a) copy it to Word and format your page into three columns there. The general case would be difficult to deal with but in a single specific case it could be managed.

b) break your column into 3, splitting it at page breaks. A bit fiddly but, again, possible.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at [url=http://www.vbaexpress.

Hi Tony,

thank you for answering, it's the same thing I was thinking, more or less.... :)

A fairly comprehensive page on the subject with various types of solutions, but to be honest if you only have 3 then it's going to be just as easy, with less effort IMO to put 3 copies of sections of the sheet on another sheet and print it that way:-

Regards
Ken..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

If this is something that you intend to do regularly with the same file, then set up another sheet and either copy 3 sections alongside each other and then link back to the real data, and then any time you want to print just print that sheet.

The other option is to take a 'snapshot' of the three sections and then paste link the pictures into another worksheet alongside each other. To do that simply select a section of your column, copy it, choose a place on your new sheet, then hold down SHIFT and then click on the Edit menu and you will now see an option that says 'Paste Picture Link'. Use that and you will get linked image that will update when your source data changes. Repeat for the sections and then just turn off gridlines for that sheet

If you like that option then there is even a camera icon you can find and add to the toolbars that will do that for you, but I don't use it enough to give up any Real estate on my screen for it, so I live with the shortcuts.

Regards
Ken..............

[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

It's not a problem of mine actually, a co-worker asked me about that and I think the matter is for just one time.

Thank you anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back