Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - How to copy populated rows, ignoring empty formula cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBelzona

Programmer
Oct 25, 2000
GB
Hello,

I'm new to this game so please bare with me. I have been searching through previous threads hoping to find the answer to my query, and although some seem close, when I try them, they don't seem to do what I need them to do.

My problem is that I have a range of cells with formulas in them, however, the user may only populate a couple of rows, but potentially they could use them all. Once they have populated the number of rows they require, I then want them to click a button to select the rows with data in them, copy them and either paste it into a Word template, or possible another worksheet, but ignoring the formula filled rows - what do I do? Does this make any sense? Hope you can help.

Thanks

Take a look at AutoFilter (or perhaps AdvancedFilter).
And feel free to play with the macro recorder

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

As a slightly longer explanation, whilst you have the macro recorder on, use the autofilter and select "Non Blanks" as your criteria

Rgds, Geoff

Never test the depth of water with both feet

Help us to help you by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back