Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXCEL-HOURS TO MINUTES 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvishal

MIS
Oct 9, 2001
US
I need to convert hours to minutes in excel and i am not being able to do so. I have been working on a excel sheet which states the time as 37:25:00 for 37 hours and 25 minutes. how can i put a formula so that it states the total minutes for it.

regards

If you were to look at the actual value, say formated General, it would be 1.5590

This is the number of days 37 hours and 25 minutes represents.

To determine the number of minutes, simply multiply by 24*60 (1440).

Are you working with time formats?

Imagine you are substracting 21:43 - 8:17, (c5-b5) then the total minutes should be:

=hour(c5-b5)*60 + minute(c5-b5)

Regards
S. van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Hey, i am still not able to do that. see, i have a cell which gives the time as 37:50:00 representing 37 hours, 50 minutes and 00 seconds. if anyone can tell me a simple formula for converting it to minutes.

How do you come at 37:50:00? S. van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

hey, its a time sheet where i am calculating the actual time spent by the employee during a week. so, 37:50:00
represents the time spent by that employee during that week i.e 37 hours and 50 minutes.

you just do as JVFriederick (simply multiply by 24*60)
format the cell results into number, you can see the right things
anhtri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back