Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel greater than less than time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy2010

Technical User
Aug 28, 2009
US
Hello, Im loooking for some help with a little project.

I have two cells with time formatted value that I need to get a count on. For example, cell C2 has a time of 5:00 in it and cell D2 has a time of 14;00 listed in it. From there, cells E1 through M1 have the time broken up hourly across them, such as E1 has 5:00, F1 has 6:00, and so on.

What Im looking for is to have a 1 listed in the corresponding cells beneath it, so something similar to the following

IF cell E1(5:00) is greater than cell C2(5:00) and less than cell D2(14:00), then cell E2 = 1

I hope this makes sense. Im on a tablet right now and cant show exactly what im trying to do right now but i will post a screenshot of it when i get back to my laptop. Just wanted to throw this out now to see what kind of help i can get.

Below is an example of what I'm trying to do, I just can't figure out the right way to do it

breakout_ucfn3i.png

Any help is appreciated

Hi,

I’m on my iPad, so this is untested.

Enter this into E2...
[tt]
=IF(AND($C2<=E$1,$D2>=E$1),1,0)
[/tt]
Then COPY ‘n’ PASTE into all.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip! That works exactly how I wanted. Much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back