Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - getpivotdata function 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvarr

MIS
Nov 24, 2009
AU
Hi
I have multiple worksheets whereby cells are referencing to pivot tables.
Getpivotdata function was turned off when cells were refenced to the pivot tables.
Hence, cell formula is showing cell reference instead of getpivotdata function.

Is there anyway to bulk change / update from cell reference to getpivot data function?

Thanks,
arv

Arv, don't understand that the "Getpivotdata function was turned off when cells were refenced to the pivot tables."

Can you explain exactly what you did to cause this occurrence?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

You Matter...
unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared, then...
You Energy!

There is no way to convert excel references to pivot table references other than ediing formulas cell by cell and replacing references with GETPIVOTDATA option on.
If you work with pivot tables this way, maybe it is worth to invest in using cube functions working with data model instead, an example here.

combo

Hi Skip
I inherited the file and believe last user turned off the "Getpivotdata function was turned off when cells were refenced to the pivot tables" from options.

Hi combo
I thought that might be the case with having to edit cell by cell...

Thanks,
arv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back