Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Formula thru VBA Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue9244

Programmer
Jan 20, 2003
US
I probably have just developed a brain clot, but I am unable to make the following work:

Range("E22").Formula = "=IF(E20=0,0,VLOOKUP(List2!U80:V89,2,1))"

VBA seems to stick on the ! and using quotes or double quotes does not seem to work.

This is for a worksheet that I build on the fly populated with lots of excel coding and this is my only stickler.

Thanks for the help!!!! [ponder]

It is sticking on the ! because you didn't enter the lookup value.
Code:
Range("E22").Formula = "=IF(E20=0,0,VLOOKUP(E20,List2!U80:V89,2,1))"
[\code]
This is assuming that E20 holds the value you want to lookup on your other sheet.

Dan.

No, that's not it. It is included in my code - I just typed it wrong here. It actually is:

Range("E22").Formula = "=IF(E20=0,0,VLOOKUP(E20,List2!U80:V89,2,1))"

Sorry about the earlier post... [bigglasses]

Mine was exactly like yours, but I am glad you figured it out anyway.

Dan.

I guess I wasn't very clear. I had typed it wrong initially but the code I was trying to use was just as you said it should be but it still does not work. VBA is rejecting it and I guess because of the !... Any new ideas?

Thanks very much!

blue9244: I can't find anything wrong with the line of code as given. Just a guess, but you may not have the correct worksheet active when executing it.

Look around in other sheets in cell E22 and see what you can find.

Thanks Zathras! Actually I thought of a good work around and it works just fine. I substituted a name for the lookup range thereby bypassing the ugly ! and VBA is happy! When VBA is happy so am I!!!!

:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back