Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel formatting formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisaManiac

Technical User
Aug 12, 2001
US
I have this formula but I'd like to include formatting certain words in it to bold & italic...

="Your monthly investment is calculated by multiplying the above Patient Encounters per Month of "&TEXT(C2,"#,##0")&" times the Cost per Encounter number of months chosen. Example: if five (5) years is your choice – "&TEXT(C2,"#,##0")&" x "&TEXT(F23,"$#,##0.00")&" = "&TEXT((C2*F23),"$#,##0.00")&" per month. The Cost per Encounter includes the above defined items under “Proposal” but does not include applicable state sales taxes."

I've tried using the FORMAT(TEXT(C2,"#,##0"),"bold") but that didn't work out. I also need to bold certain words in the above formula such as Patient Encounters and so forth. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!!

Sorry, Excel doesn't work that way.

Formulas cannot control formatting. If you wanted to format entire cells, you could use Conditional Formatting, but that won't work either if you want to only bold certain words.

The only way to automate this will be with a macro (VBA).

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back