Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Format Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

demax182

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
US
Not sure if I should post this message under forms forum or report forum. Is there a way to get the data you have inputted into Access into an Excel spreadsheet? Generate a report in Excel format (I don't mean saving the report in Excel format)? For example, Field 1 gets inputted into cell A1. Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a blank Excel spreadsheet template already made out, no data, but it has formulas in it. I'm trying to get the Access data into this spreadsheet. Reason I'm trying to do this is that formulas are much easier to handle in Excel than they are in Access. I hope what I'm saying is making sense. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

You can use automation code to push data to Excel from Access. You can also use code to pull records/values from Access into Excel.

Personally, I think you are much better off working entirely in Access.

Duane
MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green]
[red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]
[blue]Ask me about my grandson, get a grand answer.[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back