Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Format - Macros - Griffin DM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prapagar

Programmer
Sep 10, 2003
IN
Hi all,

I saw many threads related to this issue. still I'm not able to find solution. hope somebody will help me.

There are 5 columns in my list report,of those 2 are non-numeric Column and rest are numeric column. In those 2 non-numeric Columns, in some cases there will be Numeric data.
after publishing,in Excel format I was not able to use sum function for those 2 non-numeric columns though it has numeric data. once those columns are edited using (F2 + ENTER) keys then the sum function works.

Griffin DM,
Is this problem can be solved using Macros?

any other solution is welcome.

Thanx

Prapagar

Prapagar,

In Impromtpu (or any other reporting tool I am aware of) a reported column can only have a single datatype. If your database adds if_numeric functions to the Impromptu Expression editor, you can create an additional column to contain either the numeric value or a zero if character-based and aggregate that column.

Hope this helps,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back