Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Footer Column total per page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirZebra

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
FR
Hi all,

I have a table in Excel which prints on multiple sheets of paper. Does anyone have any info they could share on how to put a total for a certain column (for example "G") in the footer for each page to show the total for that particular piece of paper?

Regards,

Alan

Alan,

Here's one option...

1) If your table doesn't already have a field with sequential numbers, add a field and hide it or color the numbers white.

2) Use VBA code to extract one page at a time (based on the sequential numbers) to a separate sheet.

3) Have the separate sheet pre-set with headings and a formula at the bottom of the extraction range. This will calculate your required total for Column G for each page.

4) Instead of having a normal Page # as a header, have your VBA code change the page number for each page.

5) Instead of printing by clicking the "Print" icon, you would attach the VBA code to a "Print" macro button. So the process will be similar, except that you'll get the result your seeking.

I hope this helps. If you'd like more specific help in setting up this process, perhaps you might prefer to email me your file. If you have sensitive data, replace it with fictitious data. I'll then set it up and return it.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Dale,

I have to hand it to you, normally you astonish me with your knowledge of DB functions within Excel, but this time it is your methodology that has been invaluable to me. I tried the suggestion above and it worked fine (there was a company logo as a picture on the sheet which acts as a "new" print button).

Regards,

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back