Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Find and Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

brogan

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have an Excel spreadsheet (which is a mailing list) and I need to delete a number of common keywords.

Manually deleting takes forever and using Find and Replace with a blank works but when you shut down Excel and open it again it doesn't remember the keywords (around 50 of them) I want to delete.

Any ideas guys how I can speed up this process?

Many thanks if so!

Kind regards

Mark

To speed this up you would require VBA.

The basic premis wopuld be to hold a list of key words and then use FIND / Replace in code to loop through that list, applying to your mailing list

If you wish to proceed with this, please post in teh VBA Forum: Forum707

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Could you have your list in another sheet and use vlookup?

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Fee - Depends whether the keywords are in a cell by themsleves or contained as part of a longer word structure. If there is more than 1 word per cell then no, vlookup couldn;t be used...

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back