Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXCEL FILE WONT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gc1234

Programmer
Mar 4, 2004
GB
Hi all,

I have placed a macro in my excel file and now excel crashes everytime i open it, I cannot edit the file, I dont think think the macro is running because it runs with the press of a button, how can i fix the file? I get crash error each time and excel has to be forced to close in processes

I know you can mine the data in the file by opening a new workdbook and setting up in each cell a reference to the corrupted files cell.

something like =workbook1!Sheet1.A1

SLC: Greatest snow on earth!!!

Not sure what you mean, I suppose i need to delete the macro VB code. Is that possible

If you set the security settings to high, then Excel will force the macros to inactivity - meaning you (probably) can open the file, and delete it in VBE (you should be able to edit VB even if the security won't allow you to run the code).

// Patrik

Well it prompts me to run enable or diable macros, I say disable and it still wont open

Well then it's probably not a VB-problem... if it's a list with data, and that's what you want, try to import the file into Access.

If it's the formulas you're after, then I don't know...

// Patrik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back