Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Dependent Drop Down List and Assigning Hyperlink on each list

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleexxiiss

Programmer
Apr 12, 2017
PH
v3_ic6ph9.png

I have this problem in assigning hyperlink in my model/year column. how can i add hyperlink on each item in the model/year column based on category/description column. When i try to assign in the list of the model/year column i get the same hyperlink from 1 and 2 of my list. how can i separate different hyperlink on each list.

I already use Data Validation Column D and in COLUMN E i have this source =INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(D3," ","_")).
In separate sheet i already assign hyperlink but when I use drop down list it does not appear to my list when i add it. How can i solved this? thanks

Hi,

Where is your hyperlink formula?

BTW, a pretty picture is just about worthless. Plz upload a sample workbook illustrating your problem.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

You use data validation lists, they are not very solid, user can use Del key to clear contents of such cell. As you decided to use code, it's better to use it consistently and use lists and combo boxes, either activex of forms controls. In this case you could keep data in a single table in hidden sheet and populate lists by looping through table. Instead of hyperlink you could navigate as a responce to user selection.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back