Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Date Plus 10 Working Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

bf2mad

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am using Excel 2000 and I am tring to add 10 working days to a date stored in a cell, I can do this fine using a formula like =WORKDAY($C6,10) but I need to find another way that does not involve using anything from the Analyst TolPak, and ideally no other plug-ins.

In my sheet I will have a list of dates in the “C” column and in the “D” column I need the result of adding 10 working dates (no Saturday’s or Sunday’s)

Manny Thanks
Phil

this should work:

=IF(WEEKDAY(C2)=1,C2+12,IF(WEEKDAY(C2)=7,C2+13,C2+14))

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

WEKDAY as distinct from WORKDAY might do the trick

You could use IF to test the WEEKDAY function to find out whether the date is Saturday - add 12, Sunday - add 11, else add 10.

You could also use the CHOOSE function.

Something like:

=C1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(c1,1),11,10,10,10,10,10,12)

Sorry it's Friday and I am not thinking straight. Obviously my 10, 11, 12 should be 14, 15, 16

That is perfect, thanks you have saved my life.

THANK YOU :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back