Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel column chart: transparent fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

messsp

Technical User
Jul 5, 2005
DE
Hi!
I'm trying to make transparent the columns of my Excel chart. If you go to Format Data Series/Fill Effect, the transparency option is not available. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks

Hi,

Temporarily add a rectangle shape to your SHEET.

Format Object to shade with transparanct.

Copy the shape.

Edit the chart.

Select the series.

Edit/Paste

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]A palindrome gone wrong?[/red]
A man, a plan, a ROOT canal...
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

What about Format/Select Data Series/Patterns and set Area to None?

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Thanks!
I thought about it but the problem is that when I re-size the chart area, the object keeps the same size and doesn't adjust to the new dimension. I even tried to group the object with the chart but this doesn't seem possible. This is why I was wondering if a more "stable" solution exists...

Ciao

Do not understand???

I can resize my chart every way but Friday and the columns resize fine as well.

Could you be more specific?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]A palindrome gone wrong?[/red]
A man, a plan, a ROOT canal...
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

Hi Messsp,

Skip's suggestion will work. It sounds like you didn't have the column series selected when you pasted the autoshape. Therefore rather than been used as a fill it is simply a object within the chart.

Cheers
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back