Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel chart ques

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuckagain1

Technical User
May 3, 2004
US
I have three columns of information that i would like charted. 1st column--year, 2nd column--number of grants, 3rd column--total dollar value of grants. i need the x axis to be year, the y axis to be dollars, and have the dollars charted using a line graph. but i would like the number of grants/year to be noted at each year's point, so that you could see that for year 2000, there were 5 grants totaling 3000.00 for example. is that possible??

thanks!

Hi,

Assuming that you have your data charted with Year as the x-axis and number of grants & total dollar value of grants on the y-axis.

In the CHart, select one of the series (I selected the number of grants) and then Format Seleted Series -- Axis tab - select the Secondary Axis option -- Data Labels Tab - select the Show Value option.

(this is optional) With that series selected -- Chart/Chart Type and select a column type.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back