Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boots6

Technical User
Aug 12, 2011
US
Hello,

I have an worksheet that contains a chart with Max Vertical, Max Horizontal and Pump Size. There are 37 combinations of vertical and horizontal that determine pump size needed. Right now, the user enters vertical and horizontal length needed in cells R13 and S13. The column to the right of the chart of Max Vert (column K), Max Horiz (column L), and Pump Size (column M) has the formula =IF(AND(K5>$R$13,L5>$S$13),M5,""). Then another cell labeled Pump Size Needed has the formula =SMALL(O:O,1). Pretty simple - it allows the user to just enter the Vertical length they will need and the Horizontal length they will need and a cell tells them the correct pump to get.

I want to put this idea into a UserForm so the user enters the vertical and horizontal distances needed, hits a "Calculate" button, and the form shows the pump size needed along with other information pertinent to that pump. It would be ideal to use this UserForm in several different excels so the values for the vertical and horizontal reaches would have to be included in the code. How would I go about this? I'm not super familiar with arrays, but if someone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Hi,

What is the added value of a user form?

What do you mean by, "in several different excels"? I suppose you could design a userform to IMPORT into other user's workbooks. I'd put it in my PERSONAL.XLSB workbkkk. That way it's ALWAYS there.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Because user forms are neat and the users of these forms aren't used to looking at lengthy excel sheets full of numbers. And by several different excels, I meant several different excel workbooks, several .xls files if you will. Several differently named files in different folders across a vast file storage system within Windows.

So what have you accomplished so far?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

You could do this on the worksheets with cell protection.

I just hard coded it with each possibility and it is accomplished. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back