Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel blocking my files and macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

billheath

Technical User
Mar 17, 2000
US
MS just updated my Office files again without asking of course. I have been using spreadsheets that I created several years ago and mow they do not work. Especially the macros and I can't save any changes because Office says the files are blocked!
I went to trust center in Excel and apprved every type of file they listed and approved macros, etc Excell still says the file is blocked and cannot be used. Also, I have use "cntrl M" to initiate one of the macros. I get the message "Cntrl M" can not be used for to initiate a macro!

Sub Set_Quotes()
'
' Set_Quotes Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl m
''Set intersection = Selection.EntireColumn

' With intersection
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Range(ActiveCell.Address & ":" & ActiveCell.Offset(89, 0).Address).Select

Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
ActiveWorkbook.Save
'Application.SendKeys ("{Esc}")
End Sub
ASny help would be appreciated! Thanks

Perhaps you have legacy files in .xlsx or even .xls format with macros that the current version of Excel won't allow macros to execute.

The file is an xlsm file. One of the error popup stated, "You can't use [cntr M] to start a macro." That's what I have neen using for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back