Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Automatically Bring Certain Rows into another Worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

akrshaw

Programmer
Oct 24, 2006
US
This is actually a two fold question.

1) I need to bring from worksheet "Outline" only the rows that don't have multiple specific content like "Tech Section", "Tech Major Tab", "Tech Minor Tab" into worksheet "Writing Assignments". The criteria content is in one cell and starts at H11.

2) I know how to paste link between 2 worksheets, what I need to do is a two way linking cells between "Outline" and "Writing Assignments" to be able to update either sheet. I can find directions across workbooks but not worksheets.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I will try and explain better?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!~

Thank so very much!~

Hi,

I'd probably use MS Query.

faq68-5829

But really need more info about your workbook structure and process like hoe does the Outline sheet get changed/populated.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip!~

The workbook is created manually, so there is no external data populated in any of the tables.
Worksheet Outline has all the columns we are tracking for a pursuit, then my idea is to have different tabs for Writing Assignments, Compliance, Production.
This would give each person a place where they could see only the columns they need to track and/or update.
The only other things I have added to the outline sheet are conditional formating and drop down lists.

I have...years ago used MS Query, I will take a look at it today and see what I can come up with!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back