Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel as Data Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxGolfer

Programmer
Jul 30, 2002
US
I have an CR9.0 report that I've been using for almost a year that has an Excel 2003 spreadsheet as the data source. When I tried to run the report today, I kept getting the following error message:

Logon Failed
Details: DAO error code: 0xc62
Source: DAO workspace
Description: Could not find installable ISAM

I've tried Verify Database, Set Location, etc., ODBC dsn, etc., and it always ends up at this error message. Does anybody have any idea what happened and how to fix it.

This is a Micrsoft error please look up error "Could Not Find installable ISAM on microsoft. Or better yet maybe just re-load office 2003.

thanks,
muffntuf

I got it to work. There's a specific MS KB article that addresses this issue # 283881.
It turns out when I upgraded to Office 2003, the registry was revised incorrectly. To use Excel files in CR or Access, the registry must be pointed to msexcl40.dll. Mine had been revised to msaesp30.dll. (??)
I changed my win32old to win32old2 and win32old to
win32 and it works perfectly.
It can be found using REGEDIT and then
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Excel.

Thanks for the prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back