Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel and Notes Email question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAtomic

Technical User
Oct 18, 2004
GB
Ive got a workbook that the users enter data into before clicking a macro button that copies the workbook and sends it via email.

Sending it in the background works fine, but i wondered if there was a way to show the email (kind of like preview it) before it is sent?

Thanks.

Instead of using background objects, use NotesUI objects and complete the attachment procedure.
You might need to save the document before sending it in order to refresh the rich text field display.

In that case, go for background creation unchanged, but before sending it, save the document and open with a NotesUIdocument object.

Of course, that will prevent you from sending it automatically since you're relying on the user to validate the preview.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back