Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 97 will not open from short cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugene2

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2001
US
We have a user who can't open excel 97 from shortcuts pointing to a worksheet. All worksheets are the same when a shortcut is created. You can open it from excel or from the document folder. I have checked file association. appears correct. I have tried to create new shortcuts fom the folder where the worksheet is.I have reinstalled Office to see if that would make any difference, No luck so far. Perhaps I have overlooked something. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks

I checked general tab/ignore other applications. it was checked. I unchecked it, it still shows error messages after creating new short cut, but I can click on thru until the worksheet comes up. I am still continuing to look to see if I can resolve this part, I appreciate your help.

Thanks again, I still have no luck in resolving problem. It is a Win98 system, Excel 97. the error message comes up in 2 different boxes( possibly because the length of filename. : "D:My documents... could not be found.Check the spelling and verify that the file location is correct.
If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved or deleted."
I have created short cut from the location where it is located, even renamed it, created new shortcut and same result. the filename and path is
D:\My Documents\RCGoldCOntrol\Xls.
thanks for your patience and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back