Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 97 Home Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2000
US
I've got a user with Excel 97. I recently replaced his PC. With the old copy of Excel, the user could hit the Home key on his keyboard, and the cursor would go to cell A1. The new version doesn't do this, the cursor goes to the beginning of the row it's on. Does anyone know how to set the new copy to work like the old? Let me know.
Thanks,
Domenick
Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

I don't know how to do it with one keystroke, but Ctrl + Home should take them to A1 (or top left cell if frozen).

bandit600

He seems to have lost other functions too. It there a way to setup a keyboard mapping?
Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

It sounds like he used to have Transition Navigation Keys switched on. Go to menu option Tools/Options and activate the Transition tab, and tick the Transition Navigation Keys check box, and the keyboard should return to what he's used to.

Cheers, Glenn.

Thanks for everyones quick responses. As it turns out, with a little more info from the user, the transitions selection was what solve the problem. The user was "chit-chatting" about the first spreadsheet they used (Lotus 1-2-3), and after a little searching I found that the transition selection had integrated 123 key mappings.
Thanks
Domenick
Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back