Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2010 Screen Moves When Filters Applied

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWD

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
GB
Good afternoon, just a frivolous question regarding filters. I may be over in column BL but as soon as I apply filters, the screen repositions itself to the left to show Column A etc. I know I can just use the right arrow and the screen gets back to where I was but it just annoys me - EVERY TIME!!!! [mad] Apart from "chillin'", is there any 'remedy'?

Many thanks,
D€$

hi,

My 2007 does not behave that way.

Are you sure that you have no macro event logic going on?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skip, not that I can see. It does it with any workbook I've got open or create. I always have a "MyPersonal.xlsm" open but the only thing in the 'ThisWorbook' module is a 'BeforeClose' bit of code. It doesn't make any difference if I do it via Data | Filter or a button on the Quick Access Toolbar or Home | Sort & Filter; 'coz you never know with MS.

Many thanks,
D€$

It moves for me as well. While a slight annoyance, I tend to hit the UP arrow and it goes to where I started.

Avoid Hangovers. Stay drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back