Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2010 Save Default location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrzejek

Programmer
Jan 10, 2006
US
What I have in:
Excel 2010 (with Windows 7): File – Options – Save – Default file location: C:\SomeFolder\Excel

C:\SomeFolder\Excel is the location where I want to save my Excel files.

But even with that setting, when I create a new Excel file and go to Save, it wants to save it in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 and ignores my default setting.

I have the same set up in Word 2010, but Word works OK and recognizes the default location I set up.

What am I missing in Excel so it will save the files where I want to?

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Well, it used to work, and then it did not.
After some digging and comparing with Word settings it turned out: my default path had a [tt]\[/tt] missing at the end, so I assume Excel could not find the folder and it pointed to the ‘factory default’ location.
Now that I have: [tt]C:\SomeFolder\Excel[red]\[/red][/tt] it works again. [thumbsup2]

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back