Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2010 and my VBA Macros from Excel 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghcrazy8

MIS
Apr 17, 2006
US
I'm coming from Excel 2003 where all my VBA macros that can be used by all workbooks are located in the PERSONAL.xls workbook that is hidden but opened when you start Excel 2003. I have been able to figure out if I manually open the PERSONAL.xls workbook a made copy of, then all of these macros are available to me in Excel 2010. My actual question here, is there a way to make this PERSONAL.xls workbook open when I startup Excel 2010 each time.

Thanks.

Hi,

RENAME your personal.xls workbook

Manually open your renamed personal.xls.

On the sheet, record a macro selecting to save it in your PERSONAL workbook, and just select a new cell and STOP the macro.

alt+F11

In the VB Editor, Project Explorer window, you should see your renamed personal.xlsb workbook.

DRAG the module containing your macros from the old renamed personal to the new persona.

SAVE.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back