Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables in Excel viewer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran777

Programmer
Apr 23, 2003
AU
I have a spreadsheet developed in Excel 2007 which has conditional filtering displaying data in Pivot Tables. I want to have users who do not have excel to view the spreadsheet including being able to filter the data.

My problem is that the excel viewer whilst allowing the spreadsheet to be opened and viewed does not allow the filtering of data via the included Pivot Tables.

The 'dropdowns' that allow selection of specific sets of data do not function in the Excel Viewer.

I would like confirmation
1) that the Excel viewer should or should not allow pivot tables to work i.e. filtering of data in the spreadsheet.
Also 2) Is there any other method to allowing the spreadsheet to be viewed with the filtering and pivot tables working without having the full version of excel 2007 installed.

regards
Kieran

I have read that PivotTables are not backward compatible in any way from 2007 ( i.e. actual Excel 2007 PivotTables ), so your situation does not surprise me. Can't you create and save the workbook in compatibility mode? ( I'm assuming that the users have Excel 2003 )

Have a read of this too:

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Hello Glenn,
Thanks for the link.
It explains what needs to be done.
Has allowed me to come up with a solution and basically that is to develop the spreadsheet in Excel 2007, before developing save the spreadsheet in compatibility mode to Excel 2003 format then develop and it appears to do what we want when run in full version of Excel 2003.
Kieran777

That's great :)

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back