Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2007 - Modifying PivotTable Source Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureSlate

MIS
Oct 25, 2010
US
Hi all,

I'm having an issue correctly modifying the source data for a given pivot table.

I currently have the following code:
Code:
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _
        PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _
        "ETD WIP DATA!R10C1:R" & LastRow & "C23" _
        , Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12)

The issue I believe I am having is passing the string to "SourceData". I have attempted removing the [" & LastRow & "] portion of the code, and replacing it with a static number, but I still end up with a runtime 80070057 error (PivotTable field name is not valid. I have double checked, and none of the field names have changed, and I have used the same dummy address for the code that I have manually set before.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

While I am still interested in figuring out how to do this, I found a workaround for my specific set. I set the existing pivot tables to a named range data source, and set the named range within the VBA code itself. While this is not a desired solution, it appears to work the same in the end.

Hi,
Code:
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _
        PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _
        "'ETD WIP DATA'!R10C1:R" & LastRow & "C23" _
        , Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12)
Your sheet name has SPACES and therefore needs SINGLE QUOTES around it.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back