Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2003 to XML Mapping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLJones

Programmer
Jun 14, 2004
CA
Hi. I'm a beginner with Excel 2003, and the XML Mapping abilities the program has. Currently, I have been able to export the xml with smaller projects, but I have run into a problem. If I have and XML document with the form of something like:

Code:
<item>
     <description lang="EN"></description>
     <description lang="FR"></description>
</item>

and in my Excel table I have two columns; one named "item description (English)" and the other named "item description (French)". I would like to have each of those columns associate with it's corresponding "description" tag in XML. However, in the XML source tree (data>XML>XML Source..., then add the XML file) it only displays 1 "Description" tag with the attribute "lang". How get the data to map properly so that both columns (English and French) get mapped to the same "dscription" tag while also knowing which "lang" attribute to include (ie, either "EN" or "FR")?

Any help would be much appreicated.

Thanks,

URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back