Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2003 Opens behind application

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasilec

MIS
Jul 14, 2005
US
Since two days ago we were able to export records to Excel from our ERP application: hit the ‘Export’ button, Excel will open on top of the current window.
For some reason when we hit the Export button, Excel opens now behind the current open window.
This happens in a Terminal Services environment. We use RDC to login directly into our ERP app. – the user doesn’t get access to the ‘server’ desktop. The Exit button of the ERP will log out the user.
Excel is installed on the Server. I have tested this issue on two different servers(2003 server and 2008 server) and I get the same result.
How can I get Excel to open on top as before and not behind of the calling window?
I did check for Windows updates on local PC and server…
Thank you

In Windows Explorer select Tools; Folder Options; View and put a checkmark in "Launch folder windows in a separate process" check box

I don't need Google, my family knows everything

Still doesn’t work, but thank you for investigating the issue. It is weird, one day stopped working…can’t explain it.

Please do not play with registry settings if you do not know what you are doing.

Else,
under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Control Panel, Desktop change ForegroundLockTimeout Base to Decimal and Value to 0

I don't need Google, my family knows everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back