Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2000 VBA Form error on workbook open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimsteve

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
GB
Hi All

I have got a problem with an excel workbook which when being opened crashes with a dialog "Unable to load object..". I have found that the error occurs when the workbook contains any sort of form in the VBA editor, but I am but stumped as to why this now happening.

The operating system on the pc in question is now 64 bit after an upgrade and that is when the error started appearing, but the workbook works fine on older computers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Have you tried:
Repair Office
If that doesn't work..
[ol 1]
[li]Uninstall Office[/li]
[li]Clean up temp files, etc - I like CCleaner for that, or Glary Utilities as well.[/li]
[li]Reboot[/li]
[li]Install Office[/li]
[li]Test to see if issue corrected.[/li]
[li][/li]
[/ol]

Based on your symptoms, it sounds like the Excel installation (at least) got hosed when Windows was upgraded. It doesn't always happen, but it does happen.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Is this error with any Excel file or just this one?

Have you looked at the references, it should indicate which one it can't find. You indicate you are using 64 bit operating system. Does that mean you are using Windows 7 AND Excel 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back