Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2000 range selection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestax22

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
CA
Hey, I have a database inside an excel 2000 worksheet. I want to extract data from a certain month into another sheet. I use the property selection.column to return the selected column. I would like to recieve a letter instead of a number. Instead of returning 2 well I would like to get B.

At first I thought I could use the column number with the .cells property but it doesn't seem to work. Just so that you understand my problem a little here is a situation

A user wants to extract data data for a month from my database into a new xls file. The user can choose any months to create this file. I succeeded in positioning myself to the right place inside the database but I need to now extract the data witch is located at several places inside this column which represents a day. I wanted to just place the column address example "B" inside a variable to be able to extract data from the database for this day and of course do this for every day of the month.

Hope this explains my problem

Thx

Hey vestax,

What's wrong with a Column Number? So much easier to use

Cells(3, 3) instead of Range("C3").

If you prefer, you CAN use

Cells(3, "C")

I really don't know why...

:)

Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

Status