Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2000 error: "Compile Error, Automation Error, Unspecified error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpopnoe

Programmer
Feb 28, 2002
US
One user of the Excel macros I make is having tyrouble with 1 xls file only, getting the error message thrown by VB stating "Compile Error, Automation Error, Unspecified Error". The code in this workbook is no different then the hundreds of other ones she runs. The VBE opens and has a public variable declaration highlighted in navy (Public oDataSheet as Worksheet), the code never gets to the point of execution obviously because of the mysterious compile error. We are both running Win2000 OS. Do you have any ideas what would cause this error? Since this works fine on all other machines in this user's office, I want to think that here excel application (and any associateed files it uses) may have got currupted and I should have her reinstall office.....but I really wish I could determine if it is something I did wrong in VBA, please help.

thank you very much!!

Compare the machine with the problem with one that works:
On each machine...
From the VBA editor, click Tools/References...
Compare which ones are checked
If the list is the same, copy/replace .dll/.tlb/.olb files one at a time to see if that solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back