Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exceed 7.0 times out from vpn

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmhiii

MIS
Dec 31, 2003
US
I use Exceed to get the xwindows/gui access to my servers. From my office, connected to a lan, I have no problem accessing whatever I need. When i dial in or use my vpn, the xdmcp times out. When I use the wizard it shows that it's going to the xterm and trying to process this command:
-/usr/bin/X11/xterm -display @d&@;

@d is my ip address suffixed with :0.0 but it can't resolve the &@.

all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi!

Well, the @d is the display variable, and the & character means to run as a separate process. For the rest, look in the help (cut-and-pasted below...)

Cheers,
Mike

The Command field lets you send a UNIX command to the host. The command you type depends on your host system and how it is configured. If you are familiar with your host system, type the command you require.

You can type macros in the Xstart Command field. The following macros are supported, except as individually noted:

@d or @D—Inserts the display specification for your PC. Do not use with VMS.
@a or @A—Inserts the network address component of the display specification for your PC. This macro is not supported by the hRPS start method.
@:—Inserts the display specification transport and identifier for your PC. For example, a colon :)) for TCP/IP and IPX/SPX and two colons :):) for DECnet. This macro is not supported by the hRPS start method.

@#—Inserts your display number as configured in the Xconfig Communication dialog box. This macro is not supported by the hRPS start method.

Note: To use the @ symbol in the Command box, type @@.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back