Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Example Use Socket Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

benoxy

Programmer
Jun 19, 2007
FR
I want launch a unix script by a socket implemented on a map. I search a example. If you are a example contact me by email.

Why? Shell script adapter seems the right way to go.

I don't use a Shell script adapter because I launch my shell script unix from windows map on the server WTX windows !!!!

Its not clear what you want to do - are you trying to call a remote program (the UNIX shell script) from a Windows server running WTX?

How are you going to start the UNIX process remotely? The socket adapter will connect to a running port, but this won't be of much use to you if the script is not running yet.

The only option is to use the batch adapter to telnet on to the server and explicitly start the script.

If you're doing this to enable a message to be picked up (i.e. you've delivered a file now want to get it processed) then this is bad design. The UNIX server should instead have a service that polls for files or some similar process.

My instruction is PUT("SOCKET", "-H XXX.XXX.XX.XX -P XXX -T+", "Hello Word"). This instruction is launch from a windows server running WTX 8.1 ,this instruction connect at deamon server on unix and this deamon launch a unix script. But I have a error code 1061 in my log.

what is listening on your port (XXX in your example) is it some service that can start scripts?
Is Hello World your script name?

what happens if you do:
telnet <my server> <my port>

and then type in
Hello World

does this give you your expected outcome?
(because that is pretty much what WTX will do when you use the socket adapter)

On my port XXX there are a service listen. And My script is "HelloWord.sh". This script is a argument send by socket.
Are you understand ?

Does the telnet followed up my "HelloWord.sh" start your application okay?

If so, then post the socket adapter trace to the forum. What version of TX and what OS (NT/2000/XP) are you running?

Version TX is 8.1.0.1 , OS is Windows 2000, thank !

did the telnet test work okay?

If so, then post the socket adapter trace to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back