Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Example to Run a Crystal Report from an Oracle Stored Procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MH6

Programmer
Feb 6, 2020
US
Hi Oracle9Guy,

You posted below message in another thread that is closed. I am researching the possibility to call a Crystal Report from PL/SQL. Could you send me an example to study? Thank you so much!

Yes you can Run a Crystal report from an Oracle stored procedure. You need to install Oracle's COM Automation package (ORDCOM) and use it to write your own procedures to interface with the Crystal RDC. Take a look at the following document. It has examples of doing similar things with MS-Word and MS-Excel (for example, creating a Word document from PL/SQL).

Let me know if you think this is the way you want to go and I'll send you a PL/SQL package I've developed for working with Crystal. It has procedures for:

- Creating a Crystal Application object.
- Opening a Crystal Report (ie, an .RPT file saved without data)
- Logging in to a database.
- Setting parameter values.
- Printing the report.
- Exporting the report.
- Destroying the Crystal Application object.

The RDC is no longer supported by SAP and hasn't been for several years. Instead, you have to use either the .NET or the Java SDK.

-Dell

Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
Protiviti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back