Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exam Win2000 70-210 Passing score??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoYBoY

Technical User
Dec 17, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am currently studying for the above exam. I have Pro cert transcender Win2000 CD - just sat the first test and scored 640 out of 1000 which was a fail (pass mark is displayed as 790 out of 1000 on these Transcender tests).

So my question is can anyone advise on the pass mark in the real exam?

Thanks.

Lb

600, but you don't get the score anymore. its just pass/fail

but don't bother with transcenders, the questions are different. If you have administered win2kpro computers you should have no problem.

Nick
Computer Support, no not just hardware.. I support everything :)

Wait a minute here...
LoyBoy says he scores a 640, but he failed the test.
nlm9802 says 600 is passing? Management? I'll buy that.
I could not find the passing score on Microsoft's site.
A quick search on Google shows passing scores starting from 540 to 710.

A lot of confusion on this subject.

i took mine oct 2001.. passed with a 840. It says passing score: 600

they stopped showing scores..

and 640 is failing on transcenders not the real test

I've used transcenders along with books & hands on for the 3 tests I've taken (and passed the first time) so far and I'd highly recommend using the transcenders. Make sure you read and understand the explanations for every question! (right or wrong)

Dennis
A+,Net+,MCP,MCSA

Most places I've seen list 540 as the pasing score, it might be variable though. I don't think your Transcender mark is a very accurate indication of what your real mark would be - they are more of a study aid than a replica of the exams.

I took 70-210 in March of 2002 and passed with a 780/540. Unless they've changed the passing score since then it is 540.

Passing for transenders is 790 so that you are better prepared. Passing for the actual test is 540. But if you are passing the transcender test you will pass the MS test.

“Wait a minute here...
LoyBoy says he scores a 640, but he failed the test.
nlm9802 says 600 is passing? Management? I'll buy that.
I could not find the passing score on Microsoft's site.
A quick search on Google shows passing scores starting from 540 to 710.

A lot of confusion on this subject.”

No just you. Next time read twice, type once.

Transcender questions to me seem a lot more straight-forward than the real questions. They are how the real questions should be - unfortunately MS pride themselves on making their exam questions convoluted and confusing.

I think some people will get a shock if they're expecting the real questions to be similar style to Trancenders. Check out a brain dump test if you want a better idea of the style of the real questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back