Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exact Synergy - web interface renders differently for different users

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD5241

Technical User
Jan 17, 2005
US
Environment:
Macola ES 9.6.3
Exact Synergy web interface
Windows 7 64 bit
IE 10 & 11
Firefox 40.0.3
Chrome

Having an issue with how Synergy renders on different workstations. On some, it looks and works fine; on others, the text is smaller and of a different font, and the overall look is different, including colors (some areas that are usually a fading gradient of blue are now solid dark blue), and some text in search grids orient themselves in a jumbled manner (i.e., everything right justifies and squishes together). It's not a browser settings issue, as the settings are the same in each case.

There are also functions which will not work on the instances where it renders differently than normal. One example is adding a new document to a customer account. Clicking "New" doesn't bring up the new document form, it doesn't do anything.

This is a random issue. I have not been able to nail down a specific instance or set of circumstances that would make the site render differently... one Win 7 pc with IE11 looks fine, another pc that is an exact clone of that one, it doesn't render properly. Different browsers, different pc's, totally random how it wants to present.

It is currently a physical web server. We recently made a virtual copy of it to test it out, as we want to permanently move it to our virtual host. With both running concurrently, my browser using the physical server renders fine. When I'm using the virtualized server, it's presenting the one with the rendering issues. Same browser and hardware.
Just to be clear, this issue was happening before we made a virtual copy of the server, and seems to not care whether it's on a physical or virtual server to present this issue.

I've looked everywhere I could think, asked everyone I thought might know, and nobody can come up with an explanation. I'm hoping someone else has seen this or has an idea what would cause this kind of behavior. Thanks!

IE is only supported browser for Synergy.

Is this Synergy ASP or Synergy Enterprise?

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

ASP. I only use IE with it, but tested it out on other browsers to make sure it wasn't a browser-centric issue.

OP, did you resolve your issue? I have some suggestions revolving around compatibility mode in IE.

I did resolve the issue, it was the compatibility view settings. The odd thing is that it renders fine with compatibility view off on some workstations, but only works with compatibility view on, on other workstations. But at least if I have an easy workaround, I'm going to consider this fixed. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back